Occurred on October 3, 2020 Stamford, Connecticut, USA Info from Licensor: "A boat caught fire at around 4:00 PM at a gas dock (Hinckley Yacht Services) on the west side of Stamford Harbor. The boat let loose engulfed in flames and the wind carried the boat southeast to the opposite side of the harbor across from of Crab Shell and Prime Restaurant. Fire engines arrived on the west side of the harbor where the origin of the fire started at the gas dock, but the blazing boat was quickly making its way to the other side and came upon the first boat, a beautiful blue Boston Whaler. It was reported that the three people in the inflatable tried to get close enough to the boat and drag it away, but the heat was too much, and they had to abort. The inferno engulfed the whaler very quickly and then continued its path to the next boat. At this point, the fire department made it to the east side, but their efforts were not very effective against the out of control blaze. Norwalk fireboat finally arrived after 30 min from when the fire started to bring the fires under control, but not until 10 boats were gutted or severely damaged causing millions in losses."
- Clifton Park man arraigned, jailed for alleged attacks on three women
- Shen superintendent pleads with the community to follow COVID protocols
- Girl Scout Cadette leads project to restore historic cemetery
- Stewart's Shops cuts the ribbon on new Rt. 9 store
- Edison Club transformation gets town board approval
- Clifton Park, Halfmoon will reduce spending in coming year
- Uncharted Power Launches First US Sustainable Infrastructure Pilot in Poughkeepsie, NY
- Car seat check in Clifton Park on Tuesday
- Residents questioning suitability of Hubbs Rd. solar project
- 112th Assembly District: Candidates take opposing views in virtual debate
Promotions & Specials
Shenendehowa (3-0) travels to face Shaker (3-0) in a battle of unbeatens. Who will remain undefeated at the midway point of the Class AA season when the dust settles Friday?